Tuesday 22 January 2019

SEPHORA PLAY BOX πŸŽƒ OCTOBER 2018 πŸŽƒ

SEPHORA PLAY BOX 

πŸŽƒ OCTOBER 2018 πŸŽƒ




Seems like even the Sephora play box is not that into the Halloween theme this month except for the pumpkin on the card. 


But at least the goodies inside are worthy of a Halloween makeover.


Tarte rainforest of the sea “Quench” hydrating primer.






As expected with the rainforest of the sea series, an all hydrating primer that closely resembles the  sea itself. Think hydrating and non drying, the Quench primer is like a hybrid of gel + water with a blue tint. This instantly moisturises and hydrates the face, even giving a sense of coolness after. What is great about this primer is that it is not packed with silicone ingredients and properties so therefore it seeps into the skin and does not create any sort of blockage to the pores. So for the sensitive/dry skin this one should be all good for your face. 


In terms of makeup application, i find that my foundation application feels smoother and simply easier to blend. As for staying power, i do notice that my foundation does not spread or form cracks easily especially around my forehead and nose crease. 


Fresh soy face cleanser.




This cleanser is a clean and gentle cleanser that aims to instantly remove impurities and also makeup residue on face. I wear heavy makeup on a daily basis and most times i still have to go through the routine of oil remover for the eyes, miscellar water for the face and then cleanser as the last step. I do this because i have blemish prone skin and i found out that most of the time it is the residue and leftover of makeup that forms into the future unwelcomed residents on my face. 


This cleanser has a scent to it which i can best describe as vegetables or bean sprout/tofu kinda smell. It doesn’t bother me that much because its not strong and it reminds me of a salad πŸ₯— I usually use this in the morning hence there are no more makeup residues, It does deliver a clean feel on my face after and not tightening or drying. Overall for the hefty original price i think this only works great for people with sensitive skin because it would be the ultimate clean version of a normal cleanser.


Make Up For Ever Matte velvet skin foundation.






I have tried many of the MUFE foundations from the ultra HD foundation to the perfector and now im finally trying the Matte velvet skin 24hour full coverage foundation. Previously I thought the shade Y245 was my exact skin shade but then i tried Y225 and it changed my mind completely, although it was about a shade fairer, it matched more to my skin tone and also looks much more natural after oxidising. 


The matte velvet skin is a full coverage foundation that is supposed to last 24hours. It delivers a matte finish and absorbs all oil action and maintains your skin smoothness and shine free. Personally, many matte foundations that i have tried still crease and cake but this liquid formula blends quite seamlessly without doing so. I have combination skin which oils up on the T zone area, the first area to fade is always my nose, with this foundation i noticed that there is still the fading happening at the nose area. But the forehead maintains being matte with only slight creases on the wrinkle lines at the end of the day.


For something that costs USD$38, i could probably get another foundation that has better staying power like Fenty or MAC. Thus this was not such a breakthrough foundation.


Benefit Gimme brow shade #1.







Amongst all the Benefit brow products, this is the least type that i enjoy using. Mainly because my brows need shape and definition, with this type of spoolie brush, the Gimme brow only helps to make the brows appear thicker but it does not help in giving a defined shape. Also, this is in the shade #1 which is the lightest shade for taupe/blonde. I am a brunette so a #3 or #4 would have been way better and at least give my brows some volume. I like the ka-brow cream gel eyebrow colour instead as it has a mini angle brush and the wax is so much easier to define and shape.


Caudalie Vinoperfect radiance serum.




In the past year I have got to know the brand Caudalie and I have really grown to like their skincare range. This is from the Vinoperfect series and its in the serum form. The radiance serum claims to combat dark spots, evens skin tone and boosts radiance. I usually apply this before bedtime and after cleansing the face of makeup. I find that the serum helps to regulate the skin tone and also minimizes the appearance of pores and dryness. 


Maison Martin Margiela Replica - Sailing day Eau de toilette.




I have no idea what brand this is and from which series it carries but I was able to get abit of information on the Selfridge & Co website which also allows you to personalise your own replica perfume in remembrance of a specific place and or of someone. 


I like the idea of remembering something thru a scent because its so easy for the mind to relate a certain event with the surroundings and its usually left imprinted in your memory forever. This ‘Sailing day’ scent has an Aquatic deep sea fragrance fit for both male and female. This doesn’t remind me of anything in particular since i actually cannot swim nor do i have any particular memory of being in the deep sea. But it smells fresh with notes of : Coriander, iris, juniper, red pepper, rose, salicylate, seaweed, ambergris, amber wood, cedar. This also retails for USD$125/100ml bottle.



October’s box has a total of 6 deluxe sample sized items and that feels jam packed as compared to the other month with 5 products. I believe the perfume was the added bonus because some months we get it some months we don’t. But in all, i actually like all of the samples except for the benefit gimme brow because it was in the wrong brow colour for me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment