Sunday 13 January 2019

IPSY GLAM BAG πŸ‘ SEPTEMBER 2018

IPSY GLAM BAG 

πŸ‘ SEPTEMBER 2018 





For the first time ever i lost my ipsy glam bag package in the mail on the way to my address which is by USPS btw, i recalled the delay announcement on the postal company’s website and then it was just never recovered. But the best thing about Ipsy is their customer service, it only took one email exchange and another parcel replacement was already on the way. Altho there was an item that i redeemed was already sold out by then, the team replaced it with something else and almost all of the products i got were not the original contents but they followed closely to what it was supposed to be. Here’s the bag breakdown!


Sol de Janeiro Brazilian bod buff.




This product was one of the products from my original September bag, by now we are all no stranger to Sol de Janeiro especially the hit list bum bum cream! So it was fun to receive another product from the cult favourite. The body buff is a multi tasker that works for face and body and works to deep cleanse and exfoliate dead skin cells. In case you’re wondering, the brand’s signature scent is pistachio and salted caramel which is a yummy to die for scent! 


I used this as a body scrub mixed with my bath and body works shower gel and it was a heavenly combination. This really made my skin smoother and feel cleaner too, afterwards i made sure to smother myself in their bum bum cream for double the yummyness. 


Benefit the Porefessional pearl primer.






Who hasn’t heard of the porefessional series from Benefit must have been living under the sea. This is a very well known and hyped series due to their pore minimising claims that really works!  This time round i receive the other version with the pearl effect. The usual version is in a blue green tube and is matte, while the pearl version is in a pink tube and dispenses a pearly pink primer. 


They pearl primer appears to be softer than the regular one and upon application, the pearl gives an instant glowing base and actually reminds me so much of MAC’s prep+prime base lumiere. It is an illuminating primer that lends a hand for the glow from within look. I like that it is a subtle pearl instead of glittery chunks, and this is great because it also minimizes the pores that i have around the nose and forehead area. This would be something good to invest in as i find the product aids in prolonging my makeup throughout most of the day eventho i was at work. It stars to get oily in the nose for me at the end of the day but thats all right because i usually blot the oils at the end. 


(I was supposed to receive the Elizabeth Mott face primer instead.)


Nudestix Magnetic matte lip colour in Rose.






I absolutely love nudestix!! I think their classic lip and cheek duo is a handy combination for traveling and their lippies have great pigment along with staying power. They dry matte and does not transfer much after application. Rose is a dusty pink that looks natural and easy to pull off for different skin tones. 


(I was supposed to receive trestique mini lip glaze.)


Luxie beauty Harley Quinn Detail Flat Definer 110 brush.




Now this is the cutest brush ever from Luxie! Im used to seeing the rose gold signature look of Luxie brushes so to get something different is great! This is a Harley quinn inspired red and black brush with a flat definer top. I find this shape of brush very useful for blending out small strokes of concealer if im not using my sephora mini blending sponge to spread the concealer. But this is also the perfect size for in between brows and the nose bridge.


I also did not see any fall outs from the bristles and Luxie itself is a cruelty free brand so the brushes are all of synthetic origins. 


(I was supposed to receive the Luxie Wonder woman detail tapered blender 140 brush.)


Doucce Freematic Bronzer in Sunbeam.




I personally don’t like the brand Doucce because their eyeshadows performed very poorly for me, so i have a tilted perception of the brand thanks to the performance of the eyeshadow. The bronzer is a mid tone warm brown that isnt too dark for me, it is also matte and non shimmery. I gave this piece away to my sister and hopefully it is much more beneficial and forgiving on her than on myself. 



And that is all for the September Ipsy glam bag, so even though this was a replacement bag and not the originally intended one, i was happy with the surprises. The great thing is that Ipsy didn’t just chuck random things inside, they tried the best to match back with what items i really got and altho they are from different brands. Its the tiny effort like this that makes it heartwarming.

No comments:

Post a Comment