Sunday 13 August 2017

LIP MONTHLY πŸŽ† MAY 2017 πŸŽ†


LIP MONTHLY
MAY 2017

Lip monthly is a monthly subscription bag that consists of 3-4 full size items. Costs $12.95 per month. And usually sends 3 lip products and at least 1 other beauty product.


1. Bang beauty lipgloss in shade rosie:
For people who love hot pink lipstick shades, this ones for you guys. Its very pigmented for a gloss which is good, means to say it wont be the super sheer thin gloss that needs to be layered. However people who cant pull off hot pink or even a baby pink because it clashes with their colouring, example like me (asian malay) this colour sucks balls. And secondly i dont even wear gloss, but i would make exceptions for reds or nudes as i can wear those for work. So i most definitely will never ever wear this.

2. City colour dual lip wand:
Here's what i dont understand, you already gave me a gloss, so now you give me another lipstick that comes with a gloss. And instead of another different shade, you give me another pink. It looks like a less bright pink than the first one, but nevertheless it is still pink. πŸ˜’ i get that its summer and all but does everything have to be in pink? I didn't even bother to remove the plastic and swatch cause ill never wear it. This is going into my donation pile too.




3. Luna cosmetics eyeshadow pencil in Gemini:
Because this isnt in pink and its not a gloss, this instantly becomes an okay product. Gold will always find its way in the middle of the eye, so it's worth trying once in a while. Luna cosmetics, i have tried their brown nude lip gloss before and i love it because its wearable and not weird. 

4. Starlooks lip liner. (I think the shade is called sublime if not mistaken.)
This is the only thing in this bag that works good enough for me to try on everyday and not be scared of the outcome. The colour is a pretty pinky nude shade that doesnt lean too pink but instead leans more to neutral that makes it easy to wear. 

Here are the swatches of the products i bothered to check out:


A month back, i actually already decided to remove my subscription from lip monthly because i wasnt getting anything special, but they offered me the next month's bag for 20% off. Hence I decided why not, lets give them another month to try convince me. But they actually forgot to minus that 20% off before charging me the next bag, hence i had to email CS back and forth until they agreed to return me the balance back. 
So next month will be my last bag from lip monthly.

No comments:

Post a Comment