Tuesday 28 August 2018

BOXYCHARM JULY 2018 ROADTRIPPIN 🚞

BOXYCHARM JULY 2018

ROADTRIPPIN 🚞




July’s Boxycharm seems a little spacey when you dont see a sort of makeup palette in the box. My variation comes with the setting spray instead, there is also another version that comes with a crown eyeshadow palette and farmacy beauty mask. I am a collector of eyeshadow palettes and i love cream/sheet masks, i would have loved to receive that version instead. 



Tarte Ready, set, radiant mist.




This mist works to keep your face refreshed throughout the day and works under or on top of makeup too. It has a bit of a fruity scent in my opinion but ive read a few other reviews saying that they are just not into the smell. The nozzle deposits a fine mist of spray which is good as it doesnt spritz large droplets onto the face. All in all id say this is a good refreshing mist, but for my makeup setting mist i still prefer my first mist that i have ever received from Boxycharm from last year, the coverfx illuminating spray, which i am almost running out of. 



Wander beauty Unlashed volume and curl mascara.




Wander beauty is one of those brands that I’ve only recently learned from receiving them in my subscription boxes like ipsy and boxycharm. I like most of their products especially their gold eye mask. 


This tube looks like a tube of gloss at first but turns out its actually a mascara, quite a cool twist of product packaging. I like that the mascara brush has a slight curve to it which always helps to hug my lashes more and give it a bit of a curl, i find sharp spiky brushes are the hardest to apply for my short lashes.



Dr Brandt Needles no more ; no more baggage.




This product is described as an eye de puffing gel and can be worn alone or under makeup. Its light pink in colour and the texture of the gel feels quite thick at first. I read a tip saying that you can rub the gel on your index fingers together first to warm it up and soften the gel before tapping into the under eye, this helps for better absorption. 


The great thing about this is when you wear under makeup as a base, it makes the under eyes smoother hence easier concealer/foundation application without the eye bags and wrinkles showing through. It also prevents concealers cracking and settling in between the lines. 


Swatch for chella eyebrow gel & no more baggage:




Chella Tantalizing taupe eyebrow cream.




Another twist in the product packaging that makes application more fun, this is a double ended stick which has a brush on one side and a eyebrow gel in the cap of the other side (acting like a pot). Very handy to use and carry for travelling or when youre on the go, because the brush is attached, you’ll never have to worry about losing a brush in the bottom of your makeup bag to touch up anymore. 


My only gripe with this product is that the shade is abit too light for me as im black-brown hair. I usually draw on a strong bold brow and this gave me light wispy ones lol. But i like the idea of the product.



Note cosmetics Luminous silk compact blush in Desert rose.





I find this blusher smells heavily of talc powder and its not that pleasing to smell as its like inhaling chemicals, it would be better if the scent was masked by something else. Desert rose is a burnt rose shade, it steers quite close to orange on some very fair light skin tone, as for myself the shade works well to complement the warm tones. Pigmentation wise is very buildable but it does fade throughout the day as i work in a airconditioned room and my oils go crazy after a long day. 



This month’s boxy felt a little bit roomy, perhaps due to the full size products received are thin like the mascara and eyebrow gel. I like the inclusion of some products like the Dr Brandt, a little bit of skincare now and then in boxes full of makeup is fine. 

No comments:

Post a Comment