Tuesday 24 November 2015

Nyx liquid suede in soft spoken

The matte hype is slightly dying as lip products are moving on to shimmers along with the trend of highlighting and strobing. (Which I will never understand how to)

But I'm still super excited about the new products I just purchased and my package just arrived today! So yay?!

Starting off with first impressions on the packaging/formula/colour/comparison etc. Let's go!

Nyx liquid suede ~ soft spoken.

× Packaging wise is pretty similarly themed like the other nyx lip products.  Black cap and tube the shade of the lipstick and black lettering on it. Inside the tube the applicator is a double sided long brush wand. (Not a doe foot like the smlc)

× Soft spoken is a nude brown shade (it has been said to be a dupe for kat von d's lolita and I find it similar to colourpop's beeper too.)

× It claims to be a cream lipstick, so I reckon it's not supposed to dry matte. (Which I initially thought so, due to the 'liquid suede' name.) Formula isn't patchy or streaky and isn't drying either. It stays that way until you decide to eat, it definitely will transfer to straws and tissue.

× It also isn't hard to remove at all since it doesn't really stay long either. You don't require a oil based remover to remove, wetwipes will do the job.

× Comparison to their soft matte lip creams!

~ smlc has a thinner formula, liquid suede is thicker and more pigmented.
~ smlc slightly stains, liquid suede wipes off cleanly.
~ both have a creamy texture.
~ smlc has more wider range of colours to choose from.
~ wand applicator is different, liquid suede is double sided long, smlc is doe foot.

Yup that's all I could think of.

Verdict: ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ /5

This is definitely a better version compared to their old soft matte lip creams because colour payoff is stronger and the new colours they have is more on the adventurous side. However I don't like that the end texture is still just as creamy as their stick cream lipstick and the soft mattes. They should totally do the totally matte version (which I though this was gonna be, creamy liquid to matte like australis velourlips perhaps.) This is good for those who don't like the completely dry matte lipsticks, which I'm totally a sucker for ): so this loses one heart for me. 

Dupe lip swatch.

Here I have a lip swatch of nyx liquid suede soft spoken and colourpop beeper. Since I don't have kvd's lolita, I'll only be comparing these two. Soft spoken on top lip and beeper on lower lip.

No comments:

Post a Comment